Friday, August 7, 2015

My Review of ‘Saturday Night Cleaver’


REVIEW: SATURDAY NIGHT CLEAVER
Author: Karen Cantwell

Ever since I read the first installment of the Barbara Marr series, I’ve been a huge fan of these comedic mysteries. And, pun lover that I am, not just because of their groan-worthy titles.

The title of this book cleverly refers to two major aspects of the plot: Barbara’s discovering a man’s … sex organ (or pracia, as she prefers to call it) on the side of a footpath and a secret club in her community, Rustic Woods (aka, Reston, VA) – a place called Saturday Night Fever.

But what really sets the plot in motion is the disappearance of Barbara’s old friend, Colt.

Now, that’s all the details you’re getting from me. Because between the bizarro neighbor lady renting the house next door, Barbara’s need to tolerate her dominating mother, and the weird orgy she and her George Clooney-like husband Howard expect to find at the secret club, if I told you more, you wouldn’t need to read the book.

So trust me – read the book. It’s funny, suspenseful, and has movie references. And Barbara really comes through in the end!

This is a great read, and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment