Saturday, November 8, 2014

My Review of 'Hill Country Greed'


HILL COUNTRY GREED
by Patrick Kelly

HILL COUNTRY GREED takes place in 1999, during the boom days of high-tech. In it, Joe Robbins takes a position as CFO at a Connection Software in Austin, Texas, hoping to cash in on stock options, become rich and be set for life.

What Joe doesn’t realize is that nefarious goings-on are taking place at the Connection, as the firm is called. When an employee commits suicide at a firm party, Joe is wary, but not nearly wary enough.

The story follows Joe and how his life unravels as he makes one bad decision after another. Author Patrick Kelly has written a highly suspenseful page-turner that I found hard to put down. He also paints a picture of Austin that puts the reader right there.

This book is Kelly’s debut novel. I highly recommend it and look forward to reading his next one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi,

    Great to meet you at the Texas Book Festival. Thank you for reading and reviewing Hill Country Greed! I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you send me your address through my website I'll mail you a print copy of the sequel: Hill Country Rage.

    Best regards, Patrick Kelly

    patrickkellystories.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Patrick! Great book! I look forward to reading the sequel! :)

      Delete